Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Interview with Sammy

[I watch as Sammy the turtle slowly enters the room. His flippers are powerful even on land as they move his heavy body forward.]
Me: Good morning, Sammy. How are you today?
Sammy: I am well. It is a good morning, isn't it?
Me: Yes, Sammy it is! What can you tell us about yourself?
[Sammy takes a flipper and lays it across his eyes as though in deep thought.]
Sammy: Dunno. What do you want to know?
[I laugh a little at Sammy's shyness.]
Me: Well for starters can you tell us where you live?
Sammy: Well, I don't actually have just one home. We stay in one place for a while then we move somewhere else.
Me: Oh. Why do you move around so much?
Sammy: To avoid predators that move into the area, but mostly it's to find food.
Me: I see. What is your favorite food Sammy?
Sammy: Jellyfish, tunicates and sea squirts.
Me: Interesting. Sammy, what kind of turtle are you?
Sammy: I am what they call a leatherback sea turtle.
Me: Can you tell us a little bit about your story, Sammy?
Sammy: Sure. The adventure is all about my desire to find out where I came from. I started as an egg all alone on the beach. My mom was nowhere to be seen. But I didn't feel so alone though because someone kept talking to me, encouraging me to come out of my egg. Then I head into the ocean to look for my mom and whoever truly created me. I meet tons of strange creatures along the way and in the end I meet Jesus.
Me: You met Jesus?
Sammy: Yep, in living flesh. It was an amazing experience. Jesus is so awesome! I cannot even begin to tell you what it was like. There are no words to describe it. [Sammy is lost in his thoughts now and a smile creeps across his face as he thinks about his encounter with Christ.]
Me: That's so cool, Sammy. I am truly jealous. I cannot wait to meet him in person too. That will be a joyous day indeed. But for now I shall be content with talking to Him daily.
Sammy: Yeah, sorry you haven't gotten to see Him yet. Well, I gotta get back to my family now. It was really nice meeting you. I can't wait to read about my next adventure.
Me: Okay. It was amazing meeting you too, Sammy. Be safe.
[Sammy waves goodbye with one of his flippers. I smile as I wave back to Sammy]
Me: If you all would love to read more about Sammy, check out his first adventure WHERE DID I COME FROM?.

No comments:

Post a Comment